Online Masterclass Let's Talk - Autonomous Shipping: Make It Work
The technology behind autonomous shipping is developing at a rapid-fire pace. However, to successfully implement autonomous shipping, there are still a number of challenges to be addressed. Not only in the field of technology, but also in the field of regulation, jurisdiction, financing and insurance. Interested to learn how we tackle these challenges in Rotterdam?
Masterclass Autonomous Shipping - The Maritime Business Services Perspective
During this online masterclass, financial, insurance and legal experts will explain their role in the development of autonomous shipping and discuss the challenges still to be sorted. Autonomous shipping, remotely controlled vessels, artificial intelligence in the maritime industry, all buzz-words with more real life cases than you might have thought, so the experience in these fields is growing with it.
Finance and insurance must be thought about in advance, legal implications have a different impact in different jurisdictions. Unquantified risks might occur, which makes it case-by-case assessment necessary. Let’s talk about this!
- Date: December 9
- Time: 11:00 a.m. ( UTC/GMT +1)
- Duration: 75 minutes
Speakers from these organisations will be present
- Charlie Weatherill (Underwriter at Shipowners Club, on behalf pf DUPI Underwriting Agencies)
- Willemijn Putz (Attorney at Law at Boonk Van Leeuwen Advocaten)
- Frank Stevens (Associate professor Commercial Law Erasmus School of Law)
- Michael de Visser (Global Head of Transportation NIBC Bank)
Jorn Douwstra (Manager International Trade & Investment at Rotterdam Partners)
- PDF Factsheet Maritime Business Services —